Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Fun

Today was another one of those days. I could not get myself out of bed this morning, so we ended up running late to get Emma to speech therapy.

I'm quick to realize how unreasonable it is for me to expect the kids to respond to my hurried pleas that we are late, when Emma says to me "why are you being mean?"

"I'm not honey..okay I am, I'm sorry, but please could you pee a little quicker!"

As Emma sits on the potty she asked me about the new top I was wearing. Then she pulled her own t-shirt so that one side of the neckline was "off the shoulder" and said (this is great!) "have you ever done this? Sarah* wears her shirts like this!" (*Sarah is not the name she used for a friend of mine in her twenties - name changed to protect her rep.!)

I later commented to Scott, even three year olds watch what women wear and as is the standard with kids, will pick up on the most controversial things you do, be it language, dress or attitude!

After therapy, a brief visit at Nanna's to pick up Toby, it was home for lunch. Both kids were tired after yesterday evening (more on that later!)

After nap they were hilarious. At one point Toby was trying to tell Emma something and added very grown-up gesturing to his indistinguishable baby babble. I had to turn the camera on him when he started getting schreechy...


Scott was working late, so Nick Jr. and I tried to keep the kids amused. At some point Toby realized he can move the ottoman by himself (I don't think Emma can yet!) and shoved it up against the TV stand.

The two of them climbed up to get a closer view of things.

Then a song came on and the kids started to dance together. It was too cute to let it pass and I snuck away to grab the camera...


I wish I could have recorded them all day today as they were playing together and being totally adorable. However, Toby will freeze or run if the camera comes out, so I have to be sneaky. Unless, it's something he wants to show-off like last night...


This is his new fun thing to do!



No comments: