Friday, April 27, 2012

Rest Assured

Toby is 30 months old. In order for him to "need" for Early Intervention services he would have to have a 25% delay in an area.  As I mentioned before, my only concern has been the clarity of his speech, but the evaluate all areas of development during the two hour evaluation.

While I answered a bunch of questions about Toby and everything from bedtime routine to his interactions with others, Toby (and Emma!) played with one of the evaluating therapists.  At first Toby was shy, hiding behind the sofa cushions, but soon enough he was playing with Emma and the therapist.  (Emma had NO shyness!)

During the playtime the kids were so cute, had great manners and even shared!  

In summary, Toby is ahead of his age, mastering most of the things that emerge at 30-36 months.  This included gross and fine motor skills, language, congnitive and social skills.  The only area that he was delayed in was speech clarity, my concern.

Thankfully the delay is only 2 months, and he'll likely catch-up by himself.

I really knew he would not qualify, right after I made the initial call, but now I KNOW, and can stop wondering.  I do plan to get a hearing test done too.  Sure, he seems to hear everything, but so does Emma until you know that she doesn't!

No comments: