It's amusing (vaguely) how different Emma and Toby can be. Not only do they look very different (blonde/brunette, short/tall, boy/girl) but they act so differently too. One example of this is in their drinking.
Toby will happily slug back drink after drink. So much so that we are constantly changing pants due to soaked diapers! We are now trying to limit his drinks (which are really only milk, water and the odd juice box), so we can determine if there is actually something to be concerned about.
He's happy to pee on the toilet, and doing so before bed has all but eliminated the need for a diaper change at night (he's not dry, but it does not soak through!). I'm sure that he is ready for potty training, but the task seems no more appealing than it did with Emma - who was potty trained by Daddy, because I was fine using diapers!!
On the other hand is Emma. Sure, it's understandable why she is not a habitual drinker. She also only drinks water, and who really craves water all the time. (She will drink a diet coke without fuss, but even I know that is not healthy and agree to it only occasionally.)
While the doctors have said to let her body decide when to drink, we've had a couple scares of UTI's and constipation, so I feel that there needs to be a minimum amount consumed. But doesn't she fight us tooth and nail!! That said, she pretty much only drinks through a straw now, which is one thing I never thought possible, so there's something to celebrate!
Anyway, here's a couple highlights from the past few days...
Toby will happily slug back drink after drink. So much so that we are constantly changing pants due to soaked diapers! We are now trying to limit his drinks (which are really only milk, water and the odd juice box), so we can determine if there is actually something to be concerned about.
He's happy to pee on the toilet, and doing so before bed has all but eliminated the need for a diaper change at night (he's not dry, but it does not soak through!). I'm sure that he is ready for potty training, but the task seems no more appealing than it did with Emma - who was potty trained by Daddy, because I was fine using diapers!!
On the other hand is Emma. Sure, it's understandable why she is not a habitual drinker. She also only drinks water, and who really craves water all the time. (She will drink a diet coke without fuss, but even I know that is not healthy and agree to it only occasionally.)
While the doctors have said to let her body decide when to drink, we've had a couple scares of UTI's and constipation, so I feel that there needs to be a minimum amount consumed. But doesn't she fight us tooth and nail!! That said, she pretty much only drinks through a straw now, which is one thing I never thought possible, so there's something to celebrate!
Anyway, here's a couple highlights from the past few days...
On Friday Emma got all dressed up in her recital costume for a photo shoot!
I let her wear some blusher and pink lip gloss. She was obsessed with making sure she still had it on when we got to the shoot!
After, we headed to Nanna's for dinner and Emma simply had to hold Sophia (not sure Sophia was happy about it!!)
Last night, the kids had an iPhone each and were playing games. Emma traded hers for a waffle and went to watch Toby...
Then it got funny...




No comments:
Post a Comment