Monday, July 23, 2012

Back home

I just got back home after my night in the hospital.  I did not get much sleep last night, mainly because I usually sleep on my side or front, and that's not possible right now.  Additionally, lack of drinking or eating left me with a headache and that makes sleep elusive.

It was fun that my friend who is a nurse at the hospital was working 3-11pm yesterday, but that's the only fun thing!

The doctor came in to see me at 7am today, and cleared me for clear liquids - thank God!!  I'd been asking for hours, but this surgeon is apparently one you don't mess with so no one was willing to buck instructions!  I finally had some juice and water - and some headache pills!  I then slept most of the morning.

After more liquids at lunch I asked for some pain meds, which did not agree with the water ice and I was sick.  I was worried it would stop me going home, but they just gave me anti-nausea meds.

Finally the doctor came back and told me I could go home.  The catch: I can not drive or go back to work for over a week.  Right now I can see why, I'm pretty fragile walking etc, but 9 days!  I really don't like having to sit still - I like to be lazy on my terms!

You'll be hearing plenty from me this week I guess!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! thats crazy how everything happened! i'm glad youre okay though. i'll be praying for you. love you...& try to take it easy. ;)