It has been a long week, for several reasons! One is that I spent most of the week alone.I could not have handled the kids by myself this week, and so we are incredibly thankful to Scott's parents who took them almost every day, including last weekend when I got sick. In fact they even kept them Wednesday night because Scott was also sick.
That's another reason, with Scott sick time seemed to stand still. Of course he went to work, but he was a hot mess. Wednesday night he had an incredible fever and I was really worried. He's bounced back for the most part now, thank goodness.
I've missed the kids a lot. Not so much seeing them, as I would have been at work a lot anyway, but more being close to them. I hug my kids a lot. I love to pick them up and squeeze them, tickle them etc, but I have really not been able to do that, and if you ask them to come over for a hug they usually refuse!!
I've really needed the rest though. I get very sore if I try too many routine activities, or get light headed. I spoke to my surgeon yesterday (he really does not do well relationally!), and we are meeting Wednesday to discuss my return to driving and work.
In the meantime I've developed a pain just under my left ribcage! This is a little concerning because my family doctor is not convinced I had appendicitis in the first place. We have to wait for the biopsy results to confirm (although the surgeon says it was definitely inflamed.)
I would certainly caution anyone who is told that the doctors think they have appendicitis, to get additional tests to confirm. Also, push for laparoscopic surgery! The surgeon was in such a hurry he really didn't offer much discussion on the procedure. I'm really mad at myself, given our experience with Emma, that I did not take more time to discuss it. I was a deer in the headlights!
And in the back of my head is the question over how much all this is going to cost us, since our insurance sucks. It's really sad that I am evaluating how bad my health is in financial terms, it makes decision making complicated.
Thanks for all your prayers. We've been so blessed by the flowers and meals we have received. I'm hoping to go to church tomorrow and re-enter the real world!
No comments:
Post a Comment