It took almost two hours to get home after I woke Emma, traffic was that bad - it's only 15miles!! Luckily we had picked up a bag of cheddar popcorn earlier in the day and Emma worked on that from leaving her room in the PACU all the way to the mall...
She had not drank all day! Even with IV fluids, I don't know how she didn't choke on it.
Toby and Scott met us at the mall, and Emma got her "Jessie" pajamas (excellent guidance on my part since she needs PJs for the winter!)...
At some point today I extended "a toy" to two items which became "two princesses"!
Emma managed to eat a full kids meal even after the popcorn, and then had a drink. NOTHING gets between this girl and her food. Even at 9pm she finished off Toby's fries from earlier...
Aren't they just SO cute!
I did take Emma to the mirror so she could see what her belly looks like, much like mine did, but higher than her belly button. I said she needed to be careful for a few days, even though they gave us no formal restrictions on activities. She claimed later to find sitting up on the bed hurt, which could be true.
The cool thing is our scars kind of match, same size proportionally and a dark red line. I think it gave her some comfort to know I had a similar booboo and now it's fine. In fact hers should be much less uncomfortable and is covered in a glue that protects it for a week or so.
I just wanted to share one of the many videos that Emma begged me to make after taking the "giggle juice" pre-op...
When the anesthetist came back to see if it was working she told him the "juice" tasted like snail slime, but was good!
Emma truly is the model patient and if it wasn't for her great attitude (motivated by new toys or not) today and all the other appointments would be hell. I hope she does decide to be a doctor, like she told the nurse in her chemically-altered state!
No comments:
Post a Comment