Scott and I are trying to teach the kids the value of money, and earning rewards. I say trying because we briefly discussed it after a session of Financial Peace University (which is really making a HUGE difference, by the way) and then I launched into some undefined reward system when I needed to get the kids moving one day!
Here's the basic premise: the kids get a star sticker each time they complete an assigned task. When they have 10 stickers they will get $1.
So far the kids are highly motivated by the sticker reward! They get to stick it on the chart...
.JPG)
(Who knew Toby would be the one to stick them in a straight line!!)
On one occasion a sticker was removed for bad behavior, but I have since deemed that to be cruel and harsh. (Read "You are Special" by Max Lucado for reasoning behind that!)
Here's where our "system" is still a little undefined - we randomly offer stickers for things, mainly as bribes! They will sometimes get stickers for getting their shoes on (when I'm running late and they are dragging!), last night Toby got one for taking Emma her drink because I couldn't and she was being lazy! And the latest sticker task (which is totally worth it!) is for when they sleep in their room all night!
So, it needs a little refining, but we'll get there. A bonus is that they both like to count the stickers and say the colors!
Here's the basic premise: the kids get a star sticker each time they complete an assigned task. When they have 10 stickers they will get $1.
So far the kids are highly motivated by the sticker reward! They get to stick it on the chart...
(Who knew Toby would be the one to stick them in a straight line!!)
On one occasion a sticker was removed for bad behavior, but I have since deemed that to be cruel and harsh. (Read "You are Special" by Max Lucado for reasoning behind that!)
Here's where our "system" is still a little undefined - we randomly offer stickers for things, mainly as bribes! They will sometimes get stickers for getting their shoes on (when I'm running late and they are dragging!), last night Toby got one for taking Emma her drink because I couldn't and she was being lazy! And the latest sticker task (which is totally worth it!) is for when they sleep in their room all night!
So, it needs a little refining, but we'll get there. A bonus is that they both like to count the stickers and say the colors!
No comments:
Post a Comment