Since Scott and Toby went camping on my birthday(!) Scott wanted to take me out on a date the week after. I had that in mind as I shopped with my birthday money!!
I had no idea where he was planning to take me until Wednesday. He decided to tell me where we were going because Saturday was getting busier and I needed to plan.
So, to where? New York City!!
(Better make that my birthday, his birthday, our anniversary etc in one!)
There's a lot that I love about living here, and having NYC just a couple hour drive away is a big thing!!
The plan: head up for dinner on Saturday night, with friends that live in Brooklyn (the small town English girl in me finds even saying that so movie-esque!!). Stay over in a hotel (using a last-minute booking site!), and do some sight-seeing on Sunday.
I was really nervous about leaving the kids at first - in 5 1/2 years we've gone further than the beach together, without them.
Anyhow, when the time came to leave I was looking forward to a change of scene.
We didn't have many expectations for our time, but Scott had one. I first showed him around NYC 9 years ago when we were just friends. At the top of the Empire State Building Scott wanted to kiss me but didn't - or so he says! He wanted to right the wrong on this trip.
We had a great time, did a little shopping (had to get something for the kids!) and had lunch before heading home.
Here's the pictures I know you're dying to see!!!
The view from our room
Empire State Building
Nine years coming!
Central Park
The Hershey Store
Times Square
Lunch outside downtown












No comments:
Post a Comment