Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Revisiting the past

My sister-in-law Julie has been digging out old photos!  Here's one of Scott...
Toby definitely inherited that mischievous grin!

On my side of the family, my cousin Trevor has sent me some incredible pictures from the past!

This is my great grandmothers brother, who moved to the US in 1910.  He became a minister in Massachusetts and then Maine. 

And here is my great grandparents, with my grandma and her brother.  
I never met my great grandad, but I was lucky enough to know my great gran throughout my childhood.
(Grandma - you seriously have not changed!!)

I don't know how long it's been since my grandma has seen these pictures, including these...


Sometimes we are so fixated on the future, we miss the present and forget the past.  It's nice to take a moment or two to look back at the legacy the older generations left.

I don't think anyone could've predicted that I would emigrate to America, and consider serving Christ as my greater purpose.  I didn't realize I was following in the footsteps of my relative only three generations ago!

No comments: