Waiting to go in. He kept talking to Emma in such a grown up way! You can tell he feels the struggle between being little, but also wanting to be a big boy.
I told him I would wait in the parking lot - which Emma jumped all over. "So, you were tricking Toby?" Glad we aren't classing it as lying! She is very astute, adding "he won't know we ever left!"
While Emma was at school, Toby and I ran a couple of errands then hung out at home together.
While Toby was at school, Emma and I finished the errands, then came home. She read a book to me, and then wowed me with her command of the first batch of sight words I showed her.
Having them in school at different times was not what I planned, but other than the half hour to squeeze in lunch altogether, it actually great.
I'm getting up early and getting to spend alone time with the kids. I try to leave the chores for when they are both home, so they have a playmate and I don't feel guilty!
With birthdays fast approaching, this is clearly my busy season! Next year I need to get more done in the summer so it's not so crazy.


No comments:
Post a Comment