So I got home late, just in time to put the kids to bed.
It seemed a little odd that our bedroom door was locked but Scott gave me the look (don't ask!) and I let it go.
With the kids out of the way he let me in the room and showed me this
We had been talking about pets increasingly but I don't like cats and a dog is a huge long term commitment. My suggestion - a rabbit!My first and only four-legged pet was a rabbit I got when I was 22! She lived with me until I came back to the US, and she moved in with my parents.
They can be house-trained, make little noise, can't jump on furniture and can be kept in a cage!
With the basement almost ready for the kids playroom, it will be a perfect space to let a rabbit out to play. There won't be any electrical cords or nice furniture to chew or hide behind.
I can't say I wasn't very shocked, but once I dealt with the spontaneity, I got pretty excited. We let it (no idea on gender, and we'll let the kids name it) run around the living room for a bit!




No comments:
Post a Comment