Is it really possible for life to get better with each passing year? Not easier, not less complicated, just better. More joy found, more love given and received, greater freedom, increased peace.
As I turn 35, my answer is yes. I'm not comparing my life to anyone else's, just to where I was and what I thought would happen.
Every journey has a destination, and when you are sure you're heading in the right direction it leaves time to enjoy the scenery, live in the moment and embrace the new experiences and people you meet.
I had dinner last night with my closest girl friends. Women who have chosen to love me, support me and include me in their lives. It was awesome. I did not need to pretend I was someone else, I was not worried about offending anyone, and I laughed so much my face hurt!
Scott not only took responsibility for watching the kids so I could go out, he arranged for them to stay out all night, so in the morning there would be no getting rudely awoken.
And that's why having him in my life has been the best gift! He gets it. He gets me!! It's not money or presents or wild gestures. It's being known, loved and cherished. I'm so thankful.
Here's hoping for another year pressing forward, moving along and growing each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment