Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fabulous and 35

I had a fun birthday.  Starting with dinner Friday night, with some of my best friends.  I got a few gifts...
Some imported English chocolate, a Jack Wills gift card, coconut fudge and Pureology shampoo ($$$)!!

We went for hibachi, which is a huge flat hot plate and they cook the food in front of you...
(No, it's not all mine!!)

After waking up at my leisure on Saturday, Scott and the kids came home, bringing breakfast sandwiches!  We also enjoyed cake...
It's a chocolate cake with salted caramel icing.  Delicious.  Made by my friend and baking fiend Katie!

It was a little unique this year as we have a guest visiting for the weekend.  I met Kendall on Facebook.

She is 29, mom to 18mth old Easton, a little boy with Moebius.  We've been pals for around a year I think, but never met until she flew in Friday for a weekend.

Her son has club feet which adds to the challenge of Moebius so it has been encouraging for her to meet Emma.

Kendall's from Nashville, so today we did a little sightseeing...

The Philadelphia Museum of Art


Some wild turtles in the river!

And the Rocky steps...

Emma was behind but kept going



Then we went to IKEA to browse!

But stopped in Philly for a classic picture!

And home for more junk food!

Apparently it's all downhill (or at least gravity is stronger) after 35, so I'll be back on the workouts Monday!!


No comments: