This just happened (and I have no idea how to handle it):
I'm eating dinner with the two kids and Emma looks at me and says "[two boys at her table in school] call that my creepy face."
Wha?
She goes on to say "it doesn't bother me."
I probe for more details (of course) and it seems that when she stares at them (which I'm not sure if she gets that she always is "staring" or if it's when she opens her eyes wide), they have said more than once it's a creepy face.
I am clearly turning into momma bear and Emma starts to cry. She thinks I'm mad AT HER! Doh!
And my response now makes her conscious that what the boys are saying is kind of mean. Double doh!
We've been through the unkind things like "I hate you" but not actual physical comments. Not. Ready. For. This.
No comments:
Post a Comment