Scott's domain, he's wanted to get it straight for a long time. After getting the attic done, and then the basement, and after last weeks yard sale, the day on the calendar arrived - shed day!!
And we were prepared! Scouring the internet for ideas on how to organize and utilize a shed (without breaking the bank).
Scott repurposed as much scrap wood as we had and then got some more to create a spacious and functional shed!
Check it out...
We moved the bench, added more shelves, the "attic" shelf, between stud storage for bats, and wire drawers for gardening and sports equipment ( so no mud or water collects!).
Then Scott built the rack for all the rakes and shovels
Now we're feeling accomplished and somewhat organized. Just in time for the swingset to come on Monday.
I've realized that at times I get very impatient and frustrated that the house is not where I want it to be - perfect. I'm working on letting that go, for two reasons: you can't enjoy what you have if you are always thinking about what you don't have; and just like laundry and mowing the lawn - as soon as you're done, more appears in it's place. So, you'll never* actually achieve the "finished" place, so may as well focus in enjoying the process.
*"never" may not be true, if you are prepared to spend all your free time and money on your home. I do not want to do that. What's the point in having the most stellar home in town if you sacrifice the people and purpose you love to get it.
Contentment, and even happiness is a choice. A choice to want what you have, instead of focusing on what you think is better. I'll keep working on it.


No comments:
Post a Comment