Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Appeal

So, I got word yesterday that our appeal was received by the insurance company.  The time frame for review is 30 days!  This would not be good for us - Emma would be just a few weeks away from school starting, if we could even get the surgery scheduled in time.  I want her to have at least a little time to recuperate!

It's quite a tough decision when I know that she will have scarring when she starts school.  I'm not so worried about pictures because she was all banged up in her kindergarten picture anyway, and they do retakes in the Spring!  Here's hoping that the kids won't be totally freaked out by it.

One good thing is that going to the pool every day, she is making deeper connections with some of the girls she knew from school.  It's largely because we are there almost every day, and there's a limited number of kids that age - but it's still good to see Emma enjoying herself, and a lot of the time she's happy just splashing around!

Anyway, back to my point - we are hoping for a miraculously fast turnaround on the appeal decision.  A denial at this point is not necessarily an end to the discussion, but will probably mean we step back and consider our options for next summer.  We've prepped Emma on the possibility of that and she's been much more focused on her swimming prowess of late anyway!

Oh, and the conference talent show next weekend!!

No comments: