At Vacation Bible School the kids learn to look for "God-sightings" - when you see God working in your life. I had a big one this week!
Since changing my hours a year ago, from 3 full days to 5 half days, I have parked in a small lot that is very affordable because it's "early bird" rate went until 10am, which is when I started work. However, toward the end of the school year, the little lot started filling up before I could get there and I was forced to go elsewhere and pay full daily rates. Thankfully school finished and I could start my day at 9am and find another early bird rate - they all go until 9am.
But, in the fall my hours will go back to starting about 9:45am, so that I can take Emma to school and pick her up (Toby is still half days this year!). So I was concerned about the jump in parking fees - about an 80% increase!
I've been parking in a small, but great car park that is under ground, and always has spaces, and is very close to the office. I reached out to them to see if I could sign up for a monthly rate (presumably less than the daily $18). It took about a month before I got the right person and was told I could do a monthly pass, with guaranteed spot, and $1 CHEAPER per day than the early bird, no matter what time I come in!!
What's more, the parking lot has security, and because it's underground, my car stays out of the sun, rain and snow!!
When I went to pick up the pass I was told that I had the very last one.
Now, I don't believe in coincidences or luck, I believe in a God that knows my every need, and provides the means and a way for me to follow him in peace and confidence. And just like the superhero that shows up when there seems to be no way, God reveals his power and provision when I have exhausted my own.
It's not hard to have a "God-sighting", you just have to look for Him,
No comments:
Post a Comment