No pain, and she was talking very well almost immediately. She'll still need some practice but I'm very encouraged.
If the day ended there it would've been great. We got home before 10:30, but I then had to take Toby to get three vaccinations. At his check up in August he got the MMR and I deferred the other 3 he was due.
We got there and a nurse I didn't know showed us to a room. We waited and she came back quite a while later (enough time to thoroughly flick through People magazine) with another nurse and three shots.
Toby got two in one leg and one in the other. We waited then to get a print of the vaccine record, and the nurse came back and asked us to go into another room.
She explained that she had not mixed the varicella vaccine with the water, and had only given him water in one shot. So she has to give him a forth! He took it very well!
On the way out, she handed me three pieces of paper, with details about vaccines. When I realize that one of the papers was about to MMR, I inquired as to whether or not they had just given him MMR today. Soon established that she had, I was livid.
They showed us back to the room, to wait while they informed the doctor about what happened. I don't sure is a really great guy, we go to them because of that, even though it's quite far from our house. When he came in he knew immediately how I was going to be feeling, and was very apologetic. I was so angry. I hate vaccinations, and the MMR is the worst.
He assured me that Toby would be "just fine", and that the nurse would be sent home and not return to the office. It did little to soothe my fears and I'll be watching Toby like a hawk.
I know "they" say there's no link between autism and vaccinations. They also said smoking was no health risk at first.
I wish I had thought to always check what nurses are injecting into my kids. I will from now on.


No comments:
Post a Comment