Sunday, September 6, 2015

Wonderful Day

With summer drawing to a close (3 days until school!) we wanted to squeeze in yet more fun and memories for the kids.  At the last minute, we decided to hit the road Saturday morning for Dutch Wonderland, a family theme park in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  The home of the Amish community, and about 75 minute drive, Lancaster is very rural, but DW has been there for years.

It wasn't cheap (unless comparing it to Disney!), but we were there for 7 good hours and we all had a great time.  Our schedules are so spread out that we rarely get time alone just the four of us, but it's great with the kids right now, still friends and excited by every new thing!


We actually bumped into really good friends there, and Melissa took this picture for us.  It cracks me up, mainly Toby!

The kids love these things!!

We did some rides...

We actually got Toby on the log flume.  He really was forced into it, but he handled it well!!

I took Em on the big roller coaster - Toby would never!!

Scott got a little shooting in!

We saw this place (I have an Uncle Andy, so this was cool to me!)

Another family selfie - see Scott and Em in the chair lift behind us?!

Em and I went on this ride and I nearly threw up.  My head is still off after several hours!


For some reason I agreed to go on one of those swinging boat things at the end of the day - well, it's a good thing I had not just eaten!!



Emma wanted to meet the DW Princess!
 
And I finally got to use the minivan for its ideal purpose - car picnic!!
You aren't allowed to take food in to the park, so we ate our packed lunch (aren't you proud Mum?!) in the car.  It was crazy hot so we sat in the car in cool air conditioning!!

They have some awesome animatronic dinosaurs


I let each kid pick a toy from the gift shop.  Em couldn't find anything in price range and was going to buy junk.  I persuaded her to wait, saying if let her buy something worthwhile at a shop tomorrow.  She agreed, and was glad she did when we found this dress at Cracker Barrel (where we went for dinner), for $20!
A little over budget, but I know she'll use it a lot!

Got home at 10pm, tired and my knee is sore, but memories made!



No comments: