Life is full of experiences that you need to learn from, or be doomed to repeat! Couple recent examples...
Last night was a bit hectic, Em had a friend over after school finished, so we were home and I didn't get to the supermarket for much needed groceries. When her friend got picked up Scott called to tell me what train he was on, as his car was at the mechanic and I was to pick him up and take him to the car.
It was already 6pm by the time we got all this done, and we decided to go to Chick Fil A for dinner. We realized Em wouldn't be able to have her usual chicken nuggets and fries, but they have chicken noodle soup, and ice cream.
Unfortunately their soup is a far cry from Campbell's condensed, and had celery and large pieces of real chicken in it - she couldn't eat it. Understandably she got a bit upset. Thankfully Scott got her a giant ice cream and she agreed to have tomato soup when we got home. Poor girl!
Then this morning it was spirit day at school (the first Friday of the month) and the kids can get a soft pretzel for 25c. Of course I forgot until we pulled in and I had only 23c in my wallet! Toby was heart broken, and though I figured they'd probably be fine with that, you never know! He hunted around the car and eventually found two pennies in his cup holder!
We always tell the kids that pennies are worthless, but in this case they were very valuable!! I guess you shouldn't take even the smallest thing for granted!
This afternoon Emma will go in to see her class and I'm praying that the kids are able to see her new smile and not worry about the distortion caused by the swelling, or her scalp incision.
No comments:
Post a Comment