Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Phase 1 complete

Today was Emma's 4-week follow up with the surgeons.  This was the appointment when we would know if everything has healed right and Emma can resume normal diet (instead of eggs, mashed potato, macaroni and yoghurt!) and activities.  It was a big day for her as she has watched other people eat the things she loves for four weeks!
  
I was confident it would be fine, everything is healing well.  The scars on her cheeks are fading and her hair is growing back in.  Her mouth is still tight, she can open it about as wide as a toothbrush (without the bristles), but therapy that we start tomorrow will help with that.

I was able to get a great picture of Emma as we waited to see the doctors...

I also got a picture of her with the surgeons...

Then we headed over to the NICU to visit and saw some old friends

We didn't specifically go to visit the nurses.  I got tagged on a Facebook post yesterday that a new Moebius mom had just been transferred to chop and was looking for any tips.  Of course I wanted to go personally and encourage her.  Unfortunately she wasn't there until later, but we may stop in after therapy in the morning.

Sure enough, as promised we had pizza for dinner and Emma easily managed two slices!

No comments: