Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Happy New Year!

I was both shocked and surprised to discover that someone other than my mum and grandmother have been following this blog!  (Hi Sandy!)  How exciting to find out that Emma's story is enjoyed by people, and hopefully my writing can do justice to the everyday triumphs of her quiet faith and strength.

I feel somewhat guilty that I've been neglecting posting lots of things (in favor of the wider reaching Facebook), which maybe you would have enjoyed.  Also due,in part, to the glare Scott gives me when my face is glued to the little screen, and not engaging with the family I write about!  It's tough to find the balance of being present, but also wanting our lives to be poured out in hope and encouragement for others.

I will resolve to do better this new year!

If you are following this blog, and have never made contact, I'd love to get a comment from you, and maybe any feedback on how the Story of Hope might have impacted your life.  I love to share such feedback with Emma, so she is not oblivious to her impact on the world.

I also want to take this opportunity to encourage you to stand with Emma and our family on Monday, January 24th for Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day.  Wear purple, tell people why!

We are continuing the drive to raise awareness of this syndrome, not only for social and societal understanding, but also to inform the medical community, so family doctors, pediatricians, midwives and even NICU nurses, can recognize the syndrome and help babies thrive.

I'm excited that this year Emma will wear a recognizable smile on the day that means so much to her.  Her school principal told her teacher that the whole school will be encouraged to wear purple and she was AMAZED!  This is how we change the world!

No comments: