Monday, January 9, 2017

Scarlet, my darling

This was our Sunday evening...

Following a week long cough, Emma developed a rash on her cheeks Saturday morning, which quickly spread to the rest of her body.  We didn't hesitate to take her to urgent care (a walk-in doctors office that is open 7 days until late and has a lab and x-ray on site!) where they diagnosed Strep Throat with Scarlettina - Scarlet Fever.

We picked up the antibiotics, and drove home in the building snow. 

On Sunday, Em and Scott stayed home from church but the rash seemed to be only getting worse.  I called the care place and asked them if it was normal to itch and get worse.  They prescribed a steroid which quickly worked.

Still, it all takes a toll on a little girl and Emma wanted to just cuddle with mommy!

I kept her off school on Monday to give more time for the rash to heal.  She had plenty of energy and enjoyed missing gym class and watching TV all day!  Just as well since I was working from home!

Back to school tomorrow.

No comments: