Sunday, March 26, 2017

A new beginning

Well, I finally did it!  14 years after moving to the US with a view to staying for a while, I made it "permanent" and became a U.S. citizen!  (It's only permanent unless God calls us to go somewhere else!)

I initiated the process in June 2016, before any change in the White House - it was not a knee-jerk reaction to new leadership, as some might think.  More a choice to offer more stability for the family.

The ceremony was to be held at 9am on Friday, March 24 in Philadelphia.  Scott and the kids came along for the occasion - we brought the kids more for a civics lesson than thinking it would mean much to them at this age! 

There were 64 people taking the oath of allegiance, from 32 different countries!  We had no idea what to expect on duration, anything.  So we were pleasantly surprised to find it would be over by 10:30am, and it was actually finished by 10:15am. 

The final part of the process was collecting my certificate of naturalization, which I'll use to get my  passport as identification - the picture on the certificate was taken at an appointment last summer and I was not told it would be my forever picture!!!

Here are a few pictures from the day!!








 





No comments: