As I write this, I am one week out from flying to Tijuana Mexico. I will be part of a 9 person team on a 9 day trip. We will serve long term missionaries who have established an orphanage in the city, and are now constructing a feeding center for street kids. We will help in construction, but also get to spend time with the kids!
It was not an easy decision to go on the trip. It's been 13 years (exactly) since my first, and only, previous missions trip to Africa. I have felt the pull to go on other trips, but leaving the kids was not feasible, and so Scott has often gone instead, since we both feel a call to the mission field.Do not boast about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring.
Proverbs 27:1for you do not know what a day may bring.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I wonder what we would like to be remembered for. I wonder if we live our lives, every day, to that end. What would I want to be my lasting legacy? Good question, I'm glad you asked!
For my children to know and follow Jesus. For them to have a foundation of love and truth that they display to the world.
Matthew 11:28-30
For all that God calls us to, he provides the strength we need. He is a gentle and caring Father, who ask his children to do his will, and receive eternal rewards. It is only he that can offer that, and freely offers it to all who are willing to follow him, and reject the world system of empty promises and meaningless goals.
What will be your legacy?
No comments:
Post a Comment