Firstly I must apologize to the avid bloggers who get frustrated by my late postings!! It can't be helped right now I'm afraid - we have lots going on such as taxes etc!
As for your daily update on Emma...
Today I went in early and Emma was snoozing away in the warmer crib she's been in since surgery - I had to take pictures! (ignore the wires etc, they don't bother her.)


I came home for lunch and when we went back up in the afternoon her nurse had her dressed and back in a crib (only a big one was available again!). She was laying on her back, flat when we got there.
She did not choke or require suctioning all day, except maybe once when I did it! Her heart rate has not drifted down, she has not stopped breathing! she is on room air on the high flow canula at 2l per minute, where she was before surgery. They will try and wean her off completely.
Emma is now also getting feeds of 48ml every 3 hours - this is half of what it should be and will likely go up to 72ml tomorrow.
Scott and I also had a class tonight on how to care for and use the g-tube when she comes home. One more thing of our list of must-do's for discharge!
We are very encouraged by Emma's progress and obviously hopeful that she continues to improve. She seems to be much more relaxed and even playful - following Scott in a game a peek-a-boo while I was holding her!
As for your daily update on Emma...
Today I went in early and Emma was snoozing away in the warmer crib she's been in since surgery - I had to take pictures! (ignore the wires etc, they don't bother her.)
I came home for lunch and when we went back up in the afternoon her nurse had her dressed and back in a crib (only a big one was available again!). She was laying on her back, flat when we got there.
She did not choke or require suctioning all day, except maybe once when I did it! Her heart rate has not drifted down, she has not stopped breathing! she is on room air on the high flow canula at 2l per minute, where she was before surgery. They will try and wean her off completely.
Emma is now also getting feeds of 48ml every 3 hours - this is half of what it should be and will likely go up to 72ml tomorrow.
Scott and I also had a class tonight on how to care for and use the g-tube when she comes home. One more thing of our list of must-do's for discharge!
We are very encouraged by Emma's progress and obviously hopeful that she continues to improve. She seems to be much more relaxed and even playful - following Scott in a game a peek-a-boo while I was holding her!
3 comments:
Your blog started off with a negative comment...if that we me, I would be flicking my hairband on my wrist!
I'm glad that she's doing so good :) I tried to get back there today, but my day was crazy!
awww shucks!! :)
She's such a cutie pie :)
Post a Comment