Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rest assured

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I'm persevering and as you might suggest, hoping that I can get into the swing of things in a couple of weeks. It is tough not having my family nearby, but our friends and family here are great.

Emma was a little fussy last night so I was very tired and got quite emotional. I just gave it up to God. I prayed that he would help me get over my perfectionism, self-centeredness and fear of failure. I went to sleep and woke up later feeling less burdened.

When Emma started rousing I tended to her in the crib rather than pick her up. That meant I could sleep in between demands. We eventually went downstairs at 9.30am. It was broken sleep but more of it!

Emma and I were hanging out in the kitchen when Scott walked in the back door. The tools at his work had been stolen last night so they couldn't work today. It's a shame, but I can't say I wasn't thrilled he would be able to spend the day with us! We decided to take Emma over to our friend Christina's house and go to the park as it was over 60 degrees today!

It felt great to get out and have some fun!

Here are the pictures we took from Emma's first trip to the park...

Emma with Jeremy and Nathan, our Godsons, and McKenna
(no, they weren't allowed to touch her!!)



Taking the slide down

Watching the other kids...

all 4 of them!!

Tomorrow we go back to the hospital for a follow-up opthamology appointment.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I can't help but laugh at your previous post. You are doing great and Emma is in great hands. I'm glad you were able to get out and about with her. She looks amazing :)

Sorry I missed you on Sunday, but I was thinking of you guys. I'm glad she will be raised in a Christian home!

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like the FOUR kiddies had fun at the park! It also seems that Emma was enjoying herself! Hang in there, Debra. You are a wonderful person and even better mother. You need to stop being so hard on yourself!!! Emma is in great hands with you and Scott. Plus, you have many people who love and support you and who will ALWAYS be there to lean on in times of need. You need to stop and pat yourself on the back for making it through to this point! You are amazing! Remember that! Love you,
Nichole