Despite the innocent face Emma displays here, underneath lies a determined soul! This week we are learning about boundaries. Emma feels I should have none, and carry her around all day and hold her at will. I am working endlessly to try and construct some, that would allow me to get some chores done, or rest!
I have already had lots of "advice" on the matter and if only listening to her scream at the top of her lungs was not so, well, excruciating I would find it easier! I mean, how long is too long for a baby to be crying so hard?
I did flash back to the NICU today though, and the baby boy in the next room. He would cry so much all day, mainly for attention. I hope his Mom gets plenty of rest before they bring him home.
I fear I may have created a monster with Emma. I would happily leave her alone, but as she gets more mobile there are less places I can leave her unattended - she can roll over but struggles to keep her face out of the carpet for long. To plug her in to the monitor at these times would be futile as she kicks her legs so much to set the alarm off!
And so we daily dance the fine line between careful observation and paranoid fear!!
Oh, the 20 minute nap, after 30 minutes of crying is over! And so ends my respite!
No comments:
Post a Comment