Friday, May 9, 2008

Neverending Story

Where was I? That's right, we have completed all 5 of our appointments this week with physical therapy yesterday and occupational therapy today. Both therapists were impressed with Emma's progress and strength, which was more pronounced as it's been a month and two weeks respectively since they saw her.

They also agreed that they think her weakness in the left arm is from torticollis, not the nerve damage the doctors had suggested earlier in the weak. Mainly because she has far more strength and ability than you would expect.

We do need to get back to working on her turning her head - as she's gotten stronger she turns her body instead, so her range of motion has stalled!

However, like I said, everyone this week has been really pleased with her progress.

Now, we started adding the formula and as we feared, she's been pooping more often which could mean she's not tolerating it well. I have emailed the nutritionist today but if I don't hear back I'm going to stop adding it until I do.

In a strange twist Scott is worried about the lack of growth because the doctors aren't! I'm not so worried, but I think that's because I'm not sure what we should be worried about!

We have started to notice a habit Emma seems to have picked up from me - watching TV! This afternoon we were chatting online with my parents and Scott obstructed her view of the TV. She yelled until he moved! And as you can see from this picture, it's clearly too easy!

Watching Dancing With The Stars with us!


Oh well, we can only do what we can do [aka "it is what it is!"].

No comments: