It was only moments after being awoken at 8am with breakfast in bed that my enthusiasm for Mother's Day piqued! After a solid night of sleep and bacon & eggs surely it couldn't get any better?!

As you can see, Emma (with Daddy's help) got me some new cooking utensils, which I wanted, and flowers. Not to forget the bubbles - not sure whose idea they were!!

Well, I got to take a long shower without having to listen for cries, get myself ready for church while Scott dressed Emma in the dress I bought yesterday! (Yes, she is the cutest thing!)


At church the celebration of mothers was akin to a sorority of women who have made caring for little ones a part of their life's mission (they didn't even need to be biological mothers to be included!). Scott even took Emma out when she started fussing so I could listen without distraction.
Emma and Nate posed once more for the parental paparazzi...

As for the rest of the day, we joined friends and family at four different gatherings, celebrating our favorite mothers, who all seemed to be getting a day of pampering.
Clearly as a child I had not grasped this format for the day and feel bad for my own mum who really got a card and flowers and not much else. Well, here's to you Mum - you deserve 29 days of pampering and celebration. I wish I could be closer to make them a reality!! They say it's the thought that counts though, right? Hopefully it will bring you joy to know that I hope I can be as great a mum to Emma as you have been to me.
With love.
As you can see, Emma (with Daddy's help) got me some new cooking utensils, which I wanted, and flowers. Not to forget the bubbles - not sure whose idea they were!!
Well, I got to take a long shower without having to listen for cries, get myself ready for church while Scott dressed Emma in the dress I bought yesterday! (Yes, she is the cutest thing!)
At church the celebration of mothers was akin to a sorority of women who have made caring for little ones a part of their life's mission (they didn't even need to be biological mothers to be included!). Scott even took Emma out when she started fussing so I could listen without distraction.
Emma and Nate posed once more for the parental paparazzi...
As for the rest of the day, we joined friends and family at four different gatherings, celebrating our favorite mothers, who all seemed to be getting a day of pampering.
Clearly as a child I had not grasped this format for the day and feel bad for my own mum who really got a card and flowers and not much else. Well, here's to you Mum - you deserve 29 days of pampering and celebration. I wish I could be closer to make them a reality!! They say it's the thought that counts though, right? Hopefully it will bring you joy to know that I hope I can be as great a mum to Emma as you have been to me.
With love.
1 comment:
Happy HOT MOMMA'S Day!!! Emma looks amazing, good job Scott! Deb looks amazing, good job Deb!
I'm glad you had a great day :) I spent the day with my momma! I got her a card and a Vera Bradley purse because the girlfriend needed a new purse :)
Post a Comment