Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What?

"I just want a butterfly that works." Say that out loud and you'll realize what an odd sentence it is! Of course you can figure out I was referring to one of Emma's toys (when I returned it for a replacement), but still, it's one of those things that you find yourself saying and wondering what happened to you!! It's not dissimilar to having names for inanimate objects (other than the appropriate word (like binky instead of pacifier!) - all unique to the world of parenthood!!

In case your interested, it was worth the effort to get the butterfly replaced - she laughed at it when the wings lit up and it played a tune!!

Today I got Emma some swim diapers - 40% off!! She will not be going swimming, pool or sea though. We had initially thought her eyes might not like it, and that may be the case, but I have also realized she must not swallow any water. We'll stick with the method used on Saturday!!

As for me I have yet to get a bathing suit for the summer. A task as displeasing to me as shoe shopping (yes, that's right!) and cleaning the bathroom!

I would like to take a poll of the parents out there! Do you put sunscreen on your baby EVERY SINGLE time you go outside? I mean, if you are going from house to car to store, for example? I keep Emma covered in her car seat with a light cloth over the exposed half, but I realize it's not spf! I also want to know if it needs to be washed off at the end of the day - sometimes she's so asleep when we get home it's cruel to wake her for a bath!

Please comment or email me on this! Feel free to add any questions - we could start a little forum!!

1 comment:

Christina Vare said...

We spend lots of time outside and Abby has yet to be sunscreen-ed. I am always conscious of keeping her in the shade as much as possible, and she almost always wears a wide-brimmed hat. She's never gotten any color from the sun, so I figure we're doing okay. :-) We will definitely be using it for the pool this summer, though! Oh, and I hear you on shoe shopping. I HATE it!