This afternoon I headed out to a friends baby shower. Traditionally for women only, I left Scott and a sick Emma at home. I don't go out without them much (if ever!) and appreciated Scott's willingness to stay home - he said he didn't mind when I came back, as long as I did!!
In the back of my mind I had hoped (and hinted) that it would be wonderful if he could clean up the kitchen, which was still a disaster after I cooked for a church event yesterday (don't judge me!!). I'm not sure I really anticipated he would.
After a long and thoroughly enjoyable afternoon (great job Mrs T.!!) I came home. I walked in to a very clean kitchen - I mean really clean, even the floors were cleaned! I was surprised and pleased.
Then I walked into the living room. (We have hardwood floors all through our house, and two rugs which are basically huge pieces of beige carpet.) The living room rug was missing! When Scott came downstairs I asked him where it was. Get this - he went and hired a rug cleaner, and cleaned both the rugs in the basement!! This was not only is that a seriously wonderful thing to do, it was also urgent - they've been down for over 2 years and we only just stopped allowing shoes on in the house!!
To top it off, Emma took a 3 hour nap during the whole thing!
I've said it before, but this time I really am going out more often!! jk!
In the back of my mind I had hoped (and hinted) that it would be wonderful if he could clean up the kitchen, which was still a disaster after I cooked for a church event yesterday (don't judge me!!). I'm not sure I really anticipated he would.
After a long and thoroughly enjoyable afternoon (great job Mrs T.!!) I came home. I walked in to a very clean kitchen - I mean really clean, even the floors were cleaned! I was surprised and pleased.
Then I walked into the living room. (We have hardwood floors all through our house, and two rugs which are basically huge pieces of beige carpet.) The living room rug was missing! When Scott came downstairs I asked him where it was. Get this - he went and hired a rug cleaner, and cleaned both the rugs in the basement!! This was not only is that a seriously wonderful thing to do, it was also urgent - they've been down for over 2 years and we only just stopped allowing shoes on in the house!!
To top it off, Emma took a 3 hour nap during the whole thing!
I've said it before, but this time I really am going out more often!! jk!
No comments:
Post a Comment