Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!


So, I'm now 30 years old. I'd say I don't feel 30, but for all I know I could be feeling 40!! I do know that I feel pretty good and I don't have any regrets about where I am in my life, in fact I would say I've exceeded all of my greatest expectations. And that feels great!

As last weekend was my big birthday celebration today was more like a normal Sunday. I did however invoke birthday privileges to get breakfast in bed! Scott got off lightly - a bowl of Coco Krispies (Coco Pops in the UK) is hardly a big breakfast!

Emma joined us in bed at 5.45am, although I think she was up much earlier than that. (She later fell asleep during church!) Here you can see how we amuse her while we try and wake up (or try not to wake up!)


We were teaching the youth group today, so we had a relaxed morning as I taught them about the beginnings of the Church. A meeting of the church leadership team right after service included a pizza lunch (nice!) and a round of "Happy Birthday!!"

Then home for some rest before we have a nice barbecue for dinner. Did I mention it is 91 degrees today? Never get weather like that on my birthday in England for sure!!

And so it begins, my thirties! I can only pray that they are as full and exciting as the past few years have been.




No comments: