Have you seen Disney's The Incredibles? There's a scene at the end where the baby Incredible is getting kidnapped and at first he turns into a ball of flames, then a little devil, attacking the kidnapper, and finally a ball of steel so he drops him. It's pretty funny, but when I saw it recently it was hilarious.
Emma does exactly that! When I take her into her room at nap or bed time her first reaction is to start screaming, which turns her into a red ball of heat! Then when you pick her up to put her in bed she clings and climbs all over me, like the little devil!! She doesn't turn into a ball of lead, but as she scrambles to stay on my shoulder she gets hard to hold on to!!
Emma slept as well as on previous nights and was quick to fall asleep yesterday evening. It's such a blessing that I can relax from 7pm onwards! When Scott's finished all his overtime we'll have lots of time together.
Today turned out to be a free day. I'd been expecting Ema's speech therapist but got my days mixed up! I therefore was able to feed Emma lunch early, at 11am, when she started getting sleepy.
I put her down for her nap soon after the feed, before noon and opted to take a nap myself. For some reason I tried to put the CPAP on her and she seemed comfortable with that. Scott called soon after and the phone woke her up!
At 12.30pm I had to change her poopy diaper and of course the CPAP was off! I left it alone, not my priority right now!
She must have woken up every half hour or so, and I only went in on the occasions she was crying so much she was gagging herself! (She could actually choke on her own secretions so I had to check!)
After 3pm she sounded like she was sleeping well. At 3.30pm Scott called again!! This time she woke up again and I decided to let her up, after all it was time to eat again. She clung to me so tight and I think was ready to sleep on me!! Once she let go she seemed to be pretty happy, so maybe she's getting enough sleep, albeit broken. I feel quite refreshed!
Same thing tomorrow I guess!
Emma does exactly that! When I take her into her room at nap or bed time her first reaction is to start screaming, which turns her into a red ball of heat! Then when you pick her up to put her in bed she clings and climbs all over me, like the little devil!! She doesn't turn into a ball of lead, but as she scrambles to stay on my shoulder she gets hard to hold on to!!
____________________
Emma slept as well as on previous nights and was quick to fall asleep yesterday evening. It's such a blessing that I can relax from 7pm onwards! When Scott's finished all his overtime we'll have lots of time together.
Today turned out to be a free day. I'd been expecting Ema's speech therapist but got my days mixed up! I therefore was able to feed Emma lunch early, at 11am, when she started getting sleepy.
I put her down for her nap soon after the feed, before noon and opted to take a nap myself. For some reason I tried to put the CPAP on her and she seemed comfortable with that. Scott called soon after and the phone woke her up!
At 12.30pm I had to change her poopy diaper and of course the CPAP was off! I left it alone, not my priority right now!
She must have woken up every half hour or so, and I only went in on the occasions she was crying so much she was gagging herself! (She could actually choke on her own secretions so I had to check!)
After 3pm she sounded like she was sleeping well. At 3.30pm Scott called again!! This time she woke up again and I decided to let her up, after all it was time to eat again. She clung to me so tight and I think was ready to sleep on me!! Once she let go she seemed to be pretty happy, so maybe she's getting enough sleep, albeit broken. I feel quite refreshed!
Same thing tomorrow I guess!
1 comment:
Re: the first paragraph...Congrats! You have a toddler! Isn't it fun? :-D
And, Scott, quit waking that kid up!
Post a Comment