I thought today would be easier. I was wrong!
We followed through last night and put Emma to bed awake. I gave her a bath first to try and calm her down, but Scott came home right before bed, so she got all worked up again! That said, we put her down and left her. She fell asleep in a bout a half hour.
This morning her nurse did as I asked and did not attend to her when she first roused crying. She soon fell asleep again for another 30 minutes. When she did wake up at 5.45am she didn't cry at all, just started babbling. That is a sign she is well rested. Another sign is that she did not fall asleep after breakfast.
I took Emma out grocery shopping with me in the morning and she was great until the last 5 minute drive home when she fell fast asleep. It was only 11.30am and i had to feed her before she could nap so I did my best to wake her up. Turns out all I had to do was put her in her bed because she popped right up then! I let her play for a while after her lunch and put her down for a nap at 12.45pm.
She clearly gets the picture and was much less cooperative today. She cried on and off for an hour or so. After reading more about the technique, which calls for you to go in after 20 minutes I did that and she flipped out. She had pooped though, so I changed her diaper.
I decided to stay out completely from then on. However at about 2.45pm her pulse ox alarmed that it was getting no input. No input often happen when she is kicking her feet about or standing, but she was quiet! I bolted up the stairs and moved her. Of course she was fine and now awake!!
I changed the probe on her foot and tried to put her back down. She clung to me like a Koala!
Her occupational therapist is coming at 4pm and I hoped to feed her about 3.30pm, but she hasn't actually slept properly yet! I'm not sure how we will get this to work if we only have a 3 hour window to do it!
We followed through last night and put Emma to bed awake. I gave her a bath first to try and calm her down, but Scott came home right before bed, so she got all worked up again! That said, we put her down and left her. She fell asleep in a bout a half hour.
This morning her nurse did as I asked and did not attend to her when she first roused crying. She soon fell asleep again for another 30 minutes. When she did wake up at 5.45am she didn't cry at all, just started babbling. That is a sign she is well rested. Another sign is that she did not fall asleep after breakfast.
I took Emma out grocery shopping with me in the morning and she was great until the last 5 minute drive home when she fell fast asleep. It was only 11.30am and i had to feed her before she could nap so I did my best to wake her up. Turns out all I had to do was put her in her bed because she popped right up then! I let her play for a while after her lunch and put her down for a nap at 12.45pm.
She clearly gets the picture and was much less cooperative today. She cried on and off for an hour or so. After reading more about the technique, which calls for you to go in after 20 minutes I did that and she flipped out. She had pooped though, so I changed her diaper.
I decided to stay out completely from then on. However at about 2.45pm her pulse ox alarmed that it was getting no input. No input often happen when she is kicking her feet about or standing, but she was quiet! I bolted up the stairs and moved her. Of course she was fine and now awake!!
I changed the probe on her foot and tried to put her back down. She clung to me like a Koala!
Her occupational therapist is coming at 4pm and I hoped to feed her about 3.30pm, but she hasn't actually slept properly yet! I'm not sure how we will get this to work if we only have a 3 hour window to do it!
1 comment:
Deb,
Whatever you decide to do be consistent. If you do the same thing every single time Emma will begin to understand that her boundaries have been drawn. Good luck!
Post a Comment