Today Emma and I headed downtown for a check-up appointment at the hospital. It just so happened that my friend was also taking her son (my Godson) for pre-op stuff at the same time. Little Nathan is having heart surgery tomorrow. :-( So we car pooled and drove together.
We split up and Emma and I went to our appointment, only to find out it is actually TOMORROW!! I'm not sure how I made the mistake, and thinking about it, we never see that Dr on a Tuesday! And of course, he wasn't seeing patients today so we have to go back again tomorrow.
I could put it down to pregnancy brain, but this morning Scott drove an hour to work only to realize he'd left his tool belt and screw gun in my car!! Thankfully he had a spare gun and charged battery in his trunk! Apparently we're both jelly brains!
As for Nathan, he got all his tests done, the last one being a blood test. In the car ont he way home he told Christina "Don't bring me here again Mom!" Unfortunately his surgery is tomorrow so hopefully the 5.30am arrival time will mean he is too tired to care!!
We split up and Emma and I went to our appointment, only to find out it is actually TOMORROW!! I'm not sure how I made the mistake, and thinking about it, we never see that Dr on a Tuesday! And of course, he wasn't seeing patients today so we have to go back again tomorrow.
I could put it down to pregnancy brain, but this morning Scott drove an hour to work only to realize he'd left his tool belt and screw gun in my car!! Thankfully he had a spare gun and charged battery in his trunk! Apparently we're both jelly brains!
As for Nathan, he got all his tests done, the last one being a blood test. In the car ont he way home he told Christina "Don't bring me here again Mom!" Unfortunately his surgery is tomorrow so hopefully the 5.30am arrival time will mean he is too tired to care!!
I would like to ask all of you to pray for Nathan, and his parents. I think I'm a little de-sensitized to the anxiety of surgery, seeing it as almost routine and normal, but I'm sure Christina and Jeremy are a little nervous. Then there is trying to keep a 3 year old occupied and calm in a hospital room for 5 days - that, I think, has to be the worst part having done hospital stays a few times!
No comments:
Post a Comment