not as I do!!
It seems I forgot my own advice today - shocker!!
Emma was in the nursery at church today, along with 13 other 0-3 yr olds! Scott took her down and gave the best instructions he could (short of teaching CPR!) and also showed one of the volunteers how to use the g-tube.
I went to check on her after about 20 minutes, but I didn't go in, just looked to see how she was doing. She was playing with the other kids quite happily, of course!
At the end of service, at least an hour later, when all the parents went to get their kids i headed down to collect her. While the other kids were running to their parents, Emma hung out, chewing on the toy she had (I know!) until she was ready to come see me!!
Apparently she was the best-behaved, though they may say that to all the parents I don't doubt it!! I think it really means she was the quietest and least trouble, which is her! Also we were given the picture she had been coloring on. They were impressed with her advanced grasp of the crayon (so proud!) but also you could see where she was trying to color in the lines!! I was told it was all her, so I'm very proud!!
I took her back up to the main floor to see Daddy. (Did I mention she got up before 6.30am, and it was now 5 hours later (nap time) and she'd been playing all morning? You'll see why that's important!)
Emma headed to the front of the sanctuary where there are several steps and levels. She always tries to climb up and I always try to stop her, although she inevitably finds someone who will let her up! For some reason this time I was fine to let her stand on the lowest step while I sat nearby.
It was quite traumatic as I watched her fall face first onto the concrete floor in front of her. I moved as fast as I could to scoop her up as she started to scream. I'm not even sure I moved right away - I was in shock! I held her close and prayed that she was okay - in my mind it couldn;t have been worse if I'd watched her fall off a cliff!
I walked over to my purse with her and found her pacifier. As she caught her breath through the crying she calmed down pretty quickly and lay her head on my shoulder. I tried to blame it on Scott, for always letting her do crazy stuff, but I was the one watching her and felt really guilty.
Wasn't it just last week that I said we needed to be extra careful when she is tired so she doesn't hurt herself?! Yes, it was! Nice one deb!!
Lesson learned? By me, yes - I need to stick to my guns on what I see as risky behavior! By Emma? No - she was gesturing to climb the steps within minutes!! I sent her home with Scott for lunch and a nap!
She apparently fell asleep in the car on the way home, while we are both seperately worried about head trauma etc!! When I got home a few minutes later we put a heavily sleeping Emma to bed and put on the pulse-ox with a different set of concerns than normal!!
So far so good - she's up and about, if not a little whiny! As for me, I don't know how I will cope with a mini-Scott running around getting in to trouble!!
It seems I forgot my own advice today - shocker!!
Emma was in the nursery at church today, along with 13 other 0-3 yr olds! Scott took her down and gave the best instructions he could (short of teaching CPR!) and also showed one of the volunteers how to use the g-tube.
I went to check on her after about 20 minutes, but I didn't go in, just looked to see how she was doing. She was playing with the other kids quite happily, of course!
At the end of service, at least an hour later, when all the parents went to get their kids i headed down to collect her. While the other kids were running to their parents, Emma hung out, chewing on the toy she had (I know!) until she was ready to come see me!!
Apparently she was the best-behaved, though they may say that to all the parents I don't doubt it!! I think it really means she was the quietest and least trouble, which is her! Also we were given the picture she had been coloring on. They were impressed with her advanced grasp of the crayon (so proud!) but also you could see where she was trying to color in the lines!! I was told it was all her, so I'm very proud!!
I took her back up to the main floor to see Daddy. (Did I mention she got up before 6.30am, and it was now 5 hours later (nap time) and she'd been playing all morning? You'll see why that's important!)
Emma headed to the front of the sanctuary where there are several steps and levels. She always tries to climb up and I always try to stop her, although she inevitably finds someone who will let her up! For some reason this time I was fine to let her stand on the lowest step while I sat nearby.
It was quite traumatic as I watched her fall face first onto the concrete floor in front of her. I moved as fast as I could to scoop her up as she started to scream. I'm not even sure I moved right away - I was in shock! I held her close and prayed that she was okay - in my mind it couldn;t have been worse if I'd watched her fall off a cliff!
I walked over to my purse with her and found her pacifier. As she caught her breath through the crying she calmed down pretty quickly and lay her head on my shoulder. I tried to blame it on Scott, for always letting her do crazy stuff, but I was the one watching her and felt really guilty.
Wasn't it just last week that I said we needed to be extra careful when she is tired so she doesn't hurt herself?! Yes, it was! Nice one deb!!
Lesson learned? By me, yes - I need to stick to my guns on what I see as risky behavior! By Emma? No - she was gesturing to climb the steps within minutes!! I sent her home with Scott for lunch and a nap!
She apparently fell asleep in the car on the way home, while we are both seperately worried about head trauma etc!! When I got home a few minutes later we put a heavily sleeping Emma to bed and put on the pulse-ox with a different set of concerns than normal!!
So far so good - she's up and about, if not a little whiny! As for me, I don't know how I will cope with a mini-Scott running around getting in to trouble!!
No comments:
Post a Comment