Scott had no plans today - that he knew of!! With only 5 weekends left til my due date, and my own mobility increasingly limited I was thrilled to finally have a Saturday when Scott was not doing something else. (Even though he's not had a regular job, he's always busy!!)
We desperately needed to do some basic shopping (diapers etc) so I made a list, well 4 to be precise! One list for each of the stores we needed to visit. We started out with some basic household items, a few things I will need in the hospital and right after. Then we hit the supermarkets! I thought it would be prudent to buy in some extra food for after the hospital, like meats that I can freeze.
We didn't get home until nap-time, so Emma went straight to bed. While she slept I rested - there's no way I could spend a morning shopping by myself, with Emma or not!! And Scott made short work of building Emma's toddler bed (crib mattress in a bed). Now I know we could have just taken the crib out and left her on the mattress on the floor, except she has so many electrical cords running around her bed for the various equipment that I wouldn't feel safe.
So, we bit the bullet and did it. Emma helped Scott dismantle the crib as we sung a song about Emma being a 'big girl'!! She now points to herself if you ask "Who's a big girl?" So cute!
Then she helped us carry the new bed in and as soon as it was set-up she climbed right on (phew, not too high!) and seemed pretty happy. She picked up her little Bible and started to 'read'! I stuck some more flowers on the wall, where the crib had been, which she promptly walked around 'smelling'!
And so finally, I have taken some pictures of the 'flower garden' room and here they are (including the tired Scott who passed out on the floor!!)...



I'm so excited for her. I just pray she doesn't fall out!! (It's so handy to have a nurse watching her all night!!)
We desperately needed to do some basic shopping (diapers etc) so I made a list, well 4 to be precise! One list for each of the stores we needed to visit. We started out with some basic household items, a few things I will need in the hospital and right after. Then we hit the supermarkets! I thought it would be prudent to buy in some extra food for after the hospital, like meats that I can freeze.
We didn't get home until nap-time, so Emma went straight to bed. While she slept I rested - there's no way I could spend a morning shopping by myself, with Emma or not!! And Scott made short work of building Emma's toddler bed (crib mattress in a bed). Now I know we could have just taken the crib out and left her on the mattress on the floor, except she has so many electrical cords running around her bed for the various equipment that I wouldn't feel safe.
So, we bit the bullet and did it. Emma helped Scott dismantle the crib as we sung a song about Emma being a 'big girl'!! She now points to herself if you ask "Who's a big girl?" So cute!
Then she helped us carry the new bed in and as soon as it was set-up she climbed right on (phew, not too high!) and seemed pretty happy. She picked up her little Bible and started to 'read'! I stuck some more flowers on the wall, where the crib had been, which she promptly walked around 'smelling'!
And so finally, I have taken some pictures of the 'flower garden' room and here they are (including the tired Scott who passed out on the floor!!)...
View from the door
Changing station (one day it will be full of clothes, no medical supplies!)
The toy corner! (Emma loves the mirrors on the wall)
The big girl herself!!
I'm so excited for her. I just pray she doesn't fall out!! (It's so handy to have a nurse watching her all night!!)
1 comment:
i love that room design! good job
Post a Comment