Monday, September 28, 2009

Sucker!

That would be me!!

Scott is working extra this week (until the baby comes) to finish up some jobs he started over the summer. It will be great to get them off the list and then we can just enjoy our free time.

Anyway, we had an early dinner with him, and then Emma and I went to Target for some exercise - honestly!!

Emma has been such a good girl today (except for the short nap!) and she was super cute as we browsed. I have a weakness for buying her things!!

At first I checked out the shoe selection for her, but decided to hold off on purchasing until the weather gets worse. Then we looked at the clothes and got her some black leggings - $3.77, can't resist that!

We hadn't wasted nearly enough time so I headed for the toys! Emma has grown out of the toys she got for her birthday and last Christmas. Since they are so close in time, she got alot of stuff for 1 year olds, and is now too old for. In fact, she is into stuff for 3 year olds, thanks to the therapists!!

I have some ideas of what to get her for her birthday this year, but know that I'll need toys in the meantime to keep her amused. So I picked up a Mr Potato Head - a great developmental toy. Then I got a new wooden puzzle! She has 10 or so, but this one is the alphabet, so has educational properties!!

I tried to see if she'd be interested in a baby doll, but she didn't seem keen. We have some dolls that she has always been wary of! I guess we can try again if we have issues with the new baby, or if she shows an interest. Right now, she likes cars and Handy Manny more!!

The last thing I picked up, the Handy Manny CD. She practically leapt on the CD when I picked it up! I discovered that I know all the words on the drive home!!

It's a good thing I haven't been out much with her because it's so tough!! A fellow mom asked me in the elevator when I was due. I responded with "last week" and got the genuine surprise!! She was sweet though, and said I looked great. You really can't hear that enough when you are shaped like a whale!!

No comments: