The time has come to get rid of the pacifier. Not Emma's (yet) - I'm talking about Toby's! I decided that I am not getting stuck in the same pacifier dependency with him. He also prefers to chew on his fists apparently.
Yesterday I did really well without it, until Emma's nap time. She was sleeping with her door open, as her monitor is not working. I put Toby in his bed and all he did was talk and shriek. We've nicknamed him "the baby pterodactyl!"
Emma woke up once before I caved and gave him the binky to keep him quiet! After that though it went away again and to this point he has not had it back.
I warned Emma's nurse that she might hear more noise than normal while we did this - I had to warn her as I got woken up at 5am one morning because she thought his shrieking was crying!! She suggested it might be time to get rid of Emma's green monster - we know!
I plan to have Emma throw her binky in the trash on Friday. I will need Scott around so I don't cave in when she wants it! The nurses will have to deal with any difficulty at night. I can't say I'll miss having to go to her when it falls off the bed at naptime!
The downside: the pacifiers keep both kids quiet at crucial times, like in church or naptime. We'll have to think of something else.
Yesterday I did really well without it, until Emma's nap time. She was sleeping with her door open, as her monitor is not working. I put Toby in his bed and all he did was talk and shriek. We've nicknamed him "the baby pterodactyl!"
Emma woke up once before I caved and gave him the binky to keep him quiet! After that though it went away again and to this point he has not had it back.
I warned Emma's nurse that she might hear more noise than normal while we did this - I had to warn her as I got woken up at 5am one morning because she thought his shrieking was crying!! She suggested it might be time to get rid of Emma's green monster - we know!
I plan to have Emma throw her binky in the trash on Friday. I will need Scott around so I don't cave in when she wants it! The nurses will have to deal with any difficulty at night. I can't say I'll miss having to go to her when it falls off the bed at naptime!
The downside: the pacifiers keep both kids quiet at crucial times, like in church or naptime. We'll have to think of something else.
1 comment:
Good luck!
Can I borrow a nurse for a few nights when we take Abby's away? :-)
Post a Comment