It was a tough decision, and it's going to take some adjusting!!
On Saturday and Sunday nights Emma slept soundly through the night - although she did wake up before 6 both mornings! Previously the nurse would be there to quiet her back to sleep, or she would pretend until they left. Not anymore.
The problem really lies with me. For a long time I was able to go to bed and not worry about Emma at all. The first couple of nights I was so anxious I couldn't sleep even when Emma did.
Last night, after a long day I went for an easy solution - I plugged the pulse-ox in!! I was a little worried as Emma was really sweaty and that was a big symptom of apnea. And it worked - I fell asleep pretty easily.
Around 1.30am I heard "MUMMY" several times at a high volume and leapt into action. The emergency - she needed her blanket pulled up! The same at 5am.
Scott reminded me this morning that she has had the nurses take care of every little detail for as long as she can remember. I'm going to have to undo all the spoiling they did. Just one thing I did not expect!
Despite that I am doing better today. Yesterday I was wound up like a coiled spring - you know the feeling, when another driver cuts in front of you or some other gross (in your mind at least) injustice! That's how i get when I am very tired.
But today, better. We went to the library and met our friends there, and Emma is really enjoying the social time we have, often joining with other kids and/or parents! Gives me chance to talk to other moms and watch my little social butterfly.
I have to figure out when in all of this I am going to start potty training - oh yes, I have let that one slide. And somehow I have to try and diet on top of it, since my primary way of burning calories (pumping) will be ending soon and I can not keep eating this much. Maybe I will be less hungry when I stop?!
For now my magic fix is a can of diet coke. Diet, so I don't add to my calories. Coke, because that is all the caffeine it takes to give me energy for several hours! I try not to abuse it though, since the only reason the caffeine works in such small doses is because I have barely touched it in 3 years.
On Saturday and Sunday nights Emma slept soundly through the night - although she did wake up before 6 both mornings! Previously the nurse would be there to quiet her back to sleep, or she would pretend until they left. Not anymore.
The problem really lies with me. For a long time I was able to go to bed and not worry about Emma at all. The first couple of nights I was so anxious I couldn't sleep even when Emma did.
Last night, after a long day I went for an easy solution - I plugged the pulse-ox in!! I was a little worried as Emma was really sweaty and that was a big symptom of apnea. And it worked - I fell asleep pretty easily.
Around 1.30am I heard "MUMMY" several times at a high volume and leapt into action. The emergency - she needed her blanket pulled up! The same at 5am.
Scott reminded me this morning that she has had the nurses take care of every little detail for as long as she can remember. I'm going to have to undo all the spoiling they did. Just one thing I did not expect!
Despite that I am doing better today. Yesterday I was wound up like a coiled spring - you know the feeling, when another driver cuts in front of you or some other gross (in your mind at least) injustice! That's how i get when I am very tired.
But today, better. We went to the library and met our friends there, and Emma is really enjoying the social time we have, often joining with other kids and/or parents! Gives me chance to talk to other moms and watch my little social butterfly.
I have to figure out when in all of this I am going to start potty training - oh yes, I have let that one slide. And somehow I have to try and diet on top of it, since my primary way of burning calories (pumping) will be ending soon and I can not keep eating this much. Maybe I will be less hungry when I stop?!
For now my magic fix is a can of diet coke. Diet, so I don't add to my calories. Coke, because that is all the caffeine it takes to give me energy for several hours! I try not to abuse it though, since the only reason the caffeine works in such small doses is because I have barely touched it in 3 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment