Sunday, January 9, 2011

White Christmas

It's December 25th, Christmas Day, and never have I been so anti-white Christmas!!

This has been one of the longest weeks of my life. Obviously the week after your due date is the longest week ever (or even the second week after!!). Yet waiting to see if we will be able to fly to the UK has been a constant mystery!

After our flight was canceled on Tuesday and re-booked for Sunday we have been watching the weather forecast with borderline insanity. The forecasts have been predicting snow anytime from Christmas Eve through Monday. No definitive prediction from anyone.

I made the step of faith today and printed out the documents for our flight and car. I have yet to pack the few items I unpacked earlier in the week - with 8 hours to kill on Sunday, I can do that when we have a better idea that we'll be getting out.

As for it being Christmas Day, well, we spent the morning playing with the kids new toys and waited until they took a nap to finish up the chores that we want to get done before we go. (I like to come back to a clean and tidy house!!)

Only time will tell what the weather will do, and what the airports decide. All we can do is continue to pray for God's will and protection - and be okay with whatever that is!

No comments: