Monday, September 8, 2014

My baby

Toby went to his nursery school orientation today.  They have 3 grades: 3 yo, 4 yo, 5 yo.  He should be in the 4 yo, 3 day class but the teachers actually recommended he go into the 5 yo, 5 day class, (not whole days, just 2.5 hrs) where the kids could go to kindergarten but are either very close to the cut off age and held back or just need more time.  Since Toby already has some literacy skills and functions well with more scheduled stuff he got a spot.  

So, none of the kids from last year are in his new class.  I've been nervous about that because he only made one good friend all last year, he's so shy!  In his new class he does have one friend from church, Kaylee, who has been declaring her intent to marry Toby for a couple years!!

He has been a bit nervous, but he was a clingy wreck when we walked up today and all the other kids were running around together.  He would even let me take his picture alone...!

There was some administrative hiccups that had him in a different class that put me on edge, but Toby was painfully shy and it broke my heart.  I had to leave him with all the kids and teacher for a bit, to meet with all the parents and he was so upset.

The plan is that I will drop him off each day and race to work by 10.  I'm praying that he settles in quick or that might be tricky!  In fact I realized after I hadn't prayed with him beforehand, which had so helped Emma. Doh!

Anyway, his first real day is Wednesday, so we shall see!

No comments: