But this year has been different. It just didn't seem like such a big deal! Then I realized why. So much is made of the new year as a "do-over", second chance, time for change. While 2014 came with its challenges, I just don't feel the need to start over!
It's a wonderful place to be, recognizing the blessing of where you are, instead of wishing things were different! I couldn't imagine a more perfect-for-me husband, and the kids are truly a blessing. We have new goals for the next year, dreams and prayers, toward growth and progression. We aren't worried about fixing mistakes!
We weren't planning on doing anything, but some friends invited us to stop by their party. Scotts parents kindly agreed to watch the kids for a bit, and we went, but were all home by 9:30pm, and asleep way before midnight!
It might not be the wild night others look for, but we'll be up with the kids, hitting the Wii early no doubt, and that is quality time!
Next year, maybe we'll make it to England for the Florida reunion!!
No comments:
Post a Comment